How can a concrete project look like?
In order to show you how projects are carried out with us and to what results you lead, we have put together a small selection of realized projects from different sectors and subdivisions.
Successful project examples
Market monitoring for an international company
- An international mechanical engineer calls for more transparency in the market.
- Market data were collected in an unsystematic manner and distributed in a non-targeted way. Missing market data had to be identified and procured cost-effectively. The acceptance of the data was low within the national companies.
- Realization of a global market monitoring, especially market, competition and customer data
- Annual assessment and provision of results
- In numerous workshops and individual interviews, Cedura first identified the requirements for the structure and the data to be collected for future market monitoring. On the basis of the results, the technical basic framework of the market monitoring was conceived, including:
Market insights (macroeconomics, potential indicators,
- Customer insights (customer types, potentials etc.)
- Competitor Insights (market shares, machine standards, service etc.)
- In a next step, the necessary data was collected, consolidated and evaluated using desktop research and interviews.
- Market monitoring shows the current and prognosticated situation in the selected markets. It is regarded as a sound basis for decisions and strategy developments within the company.
- It is used to better plan and manage sales, marketing and production activities in the countries and is the basis for budget planning.
CedMarketingPlaner Global Marketing
- In the Global marketing of an international Manufacturing Company, marketing planning was managed in Excel. The projects created could not be edited at the same time and changes could not always be reproduced. Duplicates, resulting in high uncertainties in marketing planning.
- Development of comprehensive project management in marketing
- Realization of a tailor-made web application
- First, interviews analyzed the marketing objectives, projects and activities and defined the technical requirements for the database.
- In a next step, project management focused on global marketing was developed based on the results. This served the development of a user-friendly web application.
- The web application was tested by the company, special customer wishes were installed.
- In training, the employees were introduced to the new tool.
- The CedMarketingPlaner improves the basis for marketing planning. The tool accelerates the processes and guarantees a comprehensive overview of all marketing projects at any time.
- Several people can work with the tool at the same time. A sophisticated authorization system regulates the accesses.
CedClipping for better market observation
- In an international company data on markets and competitors were collected manually. For this purpose, relevant information has been researched in various sources (websites, newsletters, journals etc.) and summarized in a Word file. This was then sent to an agency to produce the final document. Creating the report took a long time.
- Improvement of the past process by CedClipping
- Optimization of earnings as a basis for further market observation
- Firstly, the technical requirements, such as selection criteria and sources, were included. This information was used to develop a customer-specific cedClipping.
- The tool has been tested and implemented by the company. An appropriate training ensured the daily work with the user-friendly tool.
- With CedClipping, the company can gather daily information about markets and competitors and distribute them according to needs.
- Relevant data for the preparation of eg competitor reviews are available at any time.
- Costs are reduced as external agency work is no longer required.
Market and competition analysis in the international B2B sector
- The core market of a company operating in the international B2B area was characterized by various mergers and acquisitions. The current distribution of the market and the positioning of the competitors was no longer clear. This resulted in an unclear competition, which made market processing more difficult.
- Determination of the current competition environment
- Assessment of the market positions and the "new" strategic relevance of the individual competitors
- The status quo was first analyzed in the competition field. For this purpose, a valuation matrix was developed for the strategic relevance of the "new" competitors (eg product extensions, potential for innovation, cross-selling potential).
- Using the data obtained, Cedura calculated the market share for different regions and market segments and determined the absolute market shares.
- Based on the analysis, the competitors were then repositioned and strategic gaps identified.
- The company received a comprehensive evaluation of all relevant competitors and recommendations for its own positioning.
- The results serve as a group-wide basis for strategy development for management
CedMarketInsider as annual sales survey
- In order to assess the market and its potential, a sales survey should be carried out. The complex structures of the market should be considered in detail.
- The survey should take place annually and worldwide.
- Development of a sales survey that maps the complex structures of the machine market down to the product level and queries them in a user-friendly manner.
- Development of the relevant CedMarketInsider as an online tool
- Conduct the study as well as evaluate and deliver the results
- In workshops and individual interviews, the company and market-related requirements and connections were first taken.
- The CedMarketInsider was adapted to customer requirements, for example product, market, competition and sales data were linked.
- The sales survey is carried out (annually).
- The results are evaluated and discussed with the subjects.
- The individual results are provided and linked with other external data to gain a comprehensive view of the markets.
- Continuous creation of transparency about existing and future potential
- Comprehensive assessment of global markets
- The foundation for a strategic positioning of the company and the derivation of future market and sales strategies
Marketing concept for innovations requiring explanation
- A highly elucidated, innovative product was not accepted in the market. It was assumed that the need for explanation could be a reason for the market resistance. This should be analyzed.
- Analysis of the reasons for the weak market acceptance
- Development of a suitable marketing, in particular the possibility of a partner program
- By means of expert interviews several reasons of resistance were determined and alternative marketing possibilities were queried. The design of a partner program was the focus here. The interviews were evaluated and the core interpretations have been made.
- In parallel, existing partner programs of the competitors were analyzed.
- Based on the results of the primary and secondary research, a marketing concept was developed which included a suitable partner program for the company.
- The marketing concept is specifically aimed at the aspects that need clarification in the market. The basic framework for a (sales) partner program as well as a roadmap for further market penetration facilitate the company's market-oriented marketing of its innovation
Expansion of the product portfolio
- An international manufacturer of building materials is planning to expand its product portfolio. In order to ensure that the expansion provides value for the company and to position the future product in the best possible way, a market analysis should be carried out.
- Analysis of the national building materials market, in particular the determination of market size and potential.
- Analysis of the overall market, in particular the framework conditions, potential customers and competitors. In order to obtain objective and valid data, numerous sources were used in a secondary and primary research (eg Federal Statistical Offices, associations and institutes, competition, potential customers). The obtained data were used to determine the market structure, size and potential as well as to analyze the competition situation.
- The results were presented and served as the basis for the decision which fields of application should be investigated in more detail. With the help of an online survey and expert interviews, the potential sales and the required product quality were determined.
- Overall overview of the attractiveness of the target market, including market size, market structure, potential sales, demand and competitive intensity.
- On the basis of this data, the investment decision can now be made.
Differentiation potentials in the paint industry
- Companies need not only to provide valuable products and services, they have to stand out from the competition. But how do you get rid of an industry that offers little scope for differentiation? This question was also raised by an international manufacturer of paints and commissioned the Cedura with the answer.
- Analysis of the potential for differentiation, in particular the determination of the manufacturer's position in the market and the identification of the strengths and weaknesses in comparison with the competition
- In order to determine the position of the company and the competitors in three important markets, the Cedura first carried out a fire funnel. Using CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviews), both the customers and non-customers of the company were questioned about brand awareness and buying processes. In particular the "jumping moments" were of interest to the study.
- In a second step, a benchmark was again carried out with CATI in order to demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses of the company compared to the competition.
- The results of the Brand Funnel and the benchmark were matched in order to be able to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the company compared to the competition at each Brand Funnel level.
- Overview of the positioning in the market and differentiation options per brand Funnel level.
- With the help of the results, the lacquer manufacturer can now better differentiate his product and service offer and align his company according to the requirements of the market.
Repositioning in the foreign market
- An international manufacturer of floor coverings is planning to reposition itself in a foreign core market. Cedura analyzed the market in order to make a decision about future market development.
- Analysis of the dealer and price structures as well as the competitors in the foreign market
- positioning recommendations
- In the first step, the Cedura identified the dealer and manufacturer structures and profiles for the Top30 dealers. With an online survey supported by telephone interviews, Cedura raised all relevant data.
- The data obtained were used to define price segments and to identify price factors (eg. regional fluctuations).
- The results were transferred to a map in order to identify strategic positions.
- In addition to a comprehensive overview of the market structure and price segments, the company received above all recommendations for market positioning.